Note: pin insignia in place and have student try on jacket before stitching to be sure it looks straight when it is worn!
- Insignia Placement
- Center "Z" on the left front side between the center front and armhole. Also center between the top neck opening and the front pocket.
- (Screaming Eagles, Brass Eagles, any other special patches) Attach to front right side, left sleeve, or back, as desired.
- Stitch to right sleeve, about 6 inches from shoulder line. Chevrons should appear as a "V", not as a "^".
- Chenille Stars:
- Stitch to right sleeve, above the chevrons, with arrangement depending on the number of stars.
- Gold Metal Stars:
- Attach to the jacket as desired.
Diagram of Insignia Placement (PDF 248K)
What Do They Mean?
A letter "Z" is awarded after the competition of two full years of marching band/guard participation.
A chevron is awarded after completion of each full year of participation.
A "Screaming Eagles" patch is awarded after completion of the first year of basketball pep band participation.
A "Brass Eagles" patch is awarded after completion of the first year of jazz band.
A gold chenille star is awarded in recognition of a Division 1 Rating in a solo performance at State Solo and Ensemble Competition.
A green chenille star is awarded in recognition of a Division 1 Rating in an ensemble performance at State Solo and Ensemble Competition.
Gold metal stars are awarded to individuals or groups in recognition of merit during the marching season as determined by the band directors.
Back to Spirit Wear page | Back to Band page | Back to Z'BOP home page